A product description is a textual description of a product or service. It is an important part of an eCommerce website because it helps customers make a decision about whether or not to buy a product.
The product description should be written in a way that makes it easy for customers to understand what the product is and why they should buy it. A well-written product description can make the difference between a sale and a no-sale.
## What is a product description?
Product descriptions are one of the most important parts of the Amazon website because they are the first thing that customers see when they search for a product on Amazon. They are also the first things that customers read when they click on a product listing on the product detail page. If the product description isn’t written well, the customer will not understand the product and will not click on the listing to read more about the product. If a customer clicks on a listing and doesn’t read the description, they are more likely to leave the website and never come back. This means that a poorly written product description could result in a loss of sales for the Amazon seller.
Amazon sellers can use product descriptions to:
1. Describe the product
2. Explain the benefits of the product to the customer
3. Promote the seller’s brand
4. Increase the likelihood that a customer will click through to the product listing
5. Encourage the customer to buy the product from the seller
6. Convince the customer that the seller is trustworthy
7. Establish a relationship between the customer and the seller.
8. Sell the customer on the quality of the seller’s products.
9. Attract new customers
10. Retain existing customers
11. Establish the seller as an expert in the field
12. Attract search engine traffic
13. Increase the visibility of the listing
14. Make the listing more appealing to search engines
15. Increase sales
16. Increase conversions
17. Increase conversion rates
18. Increase click-through rates
19. Increase purchase rates
20. Increase revenue
21. Increase profit
22. Increase average order value (AOV)
23. Increase customer lifetime value (CLV)
24. Increase repeat purchases
25. Improve search engine rankings
26. Improve click through rates
27. Improve sales
28. Improve revenue
29. Improve profit
30. Improve conversion rates
## Benefits of a good product description
There are a number of benefits to having a good quality product description on your website. These benefits include:
1. Increased sales
2. Improved search engine ranking
3. Higher click through rate
4. More conversions
5. Better customer experience
6. Longer customer lifetime
7. Lower customer acquisition cost
8. Fewer abandoned carts
9. Stronger brand
10. Easier to sell
11. Easy to market
12. Ease of use